Monday 7 July 2014

What's a rainy day, really?

I'm supposed to be writing. Hills and mountains. My characters go up, down and sideways, wondering where they're headed, just as I do.

Somewhere, I know, there's a crystal cave waiting. With immense long formations of the most wondrous stones known to man and eld, and within that cave a grove of the most ordinary and boring trees imaginable, except for one thing.

Enemies and interlopers abound, skittering hither and thither as they scramble for a shared goal that has absolutely nothing to do with my wanderers. This being done to replace the insane scene that was concocted full of meteor showers and world changing phoenix ash, a scene that did not mesh at all but somehow flowed at times. And sweet heresy I do not know how to replace it.

The amount of tweaking this story requires is way past silly, and that with it being only half complete, but I hope it's worth it. It may not be marketable or interesting, but somehow there's something within it that pulls at me. It hints of a diamond in the rough, not shining at me like a star, but something that if I can just shuffle the leaves enough, it will come peeking through.

This story isn't inspired, but it is somewhat loved, and really...what more need there be?

I should get to writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahoy Thar Shipmaet! We be sailin' t3h failboat seas!